Today I’m celebrating The Storm Whale with Mr. Schu and Nerdy Book Club.
Mr. Schu interview’s Benji Davis.
Benji’s Nerdy Book Club post.
I love picture books.
I love reading them with my kids at home.
I love celebrating them with my students.
I love sitting down with a big stack of them on a Sunday morning.
I love how I feel when when one captures my heart.
The Storm Whale is a book that has captured my heart. It’s a book that begs to be read aloud, and pleads to be shared with children.
You need to check out this book.
Mrs. Sharp is 39 weeks pregnant and I have lots to do around the house before the newest Sharplet joins the family, so I’m going to have to keep this pretty short.
Here are 10 things that I love about this book.
1. I love that Noi lives with his dad by the sea with six cats.
2. I love that this book makes me want to pack my bags and move to the sea.
3. I love Noi’s hat. It’s adorable.
4. I love that Noi hides a whale in the bathtub.
5. I love that my kids love this book.
6. I love that Noi’s big fisherman dad is a hugger.
7. I love each and every illustration. If Benji lived in the states this book would have so been on the Mock Caldecott list.
8. I love the cats. Each time I read the book I discover cats on pages and in places that I didn’t see before.
9. I love the last page.
10. I love hearing what others think about this book. *hint-hint*