I saw some pretty amazing videos last week that I hope everyone gets a chance to watch. Here are 5 of my favorites.
1. Nothing Funny – Eric Thomas is one of my favorite motivational speakers. One of his quotes is part of the wallpaper on my computer. I love sharing his work with my middle school football players. I cried and cried and cried while watching his Nothing Funny video last week. It is a must watch for every human.
2. How To Draw a Cat- Bob Shea is coming to Parma tomorrow! I cannot wait for our students to get to hang out with one of the coolest dudes in the world. During our author visit prep we painted Ballet Cats. I’m not one to do a whole lot of art projects with my kids, so this was a bit of a stretch for me. The kids loved it! Maybe you should paint a Ballet Cat or two.
3. Grace Lin’s Ted Talk- I’ll be thinking about this video for a very long time. It is amazing how one person talking for 12 minutes can make you think so much.
4. Twenty Yawns trailer- last week, my pal Mr. Schu debuted the trailer for Jane Smiley and Lauren Castillo’s Twenty Yawns.
5. A New Dav Pilkey Video!- This video (via Mr. Schu) made me smile. I watched it with my son (Dav’s biggest fan).